Friday, August 24, 2012

Grown up Blankie!!


I had an order for a larger version of my chenille blankets that I make for babies.  This one is full of the Flea Market Fancy line by Denise Schmidt, plus some other squares thrown in there as well!  The back is a smooth, vanilla chenille, it measures 54 inches x 60 inches.  Perfect for snuggling up on the couch with!  It's always a little tricky sewing stretchy chenille to cotton, but for such a large size it turned out really good!!  Anyhow, I hope the birthday girl that this is intended for likes it! 

I'm linking this to TGIFF today hosted at Amy's crafty shenanigans and to the Needle and Thread Network-if you're a Canadian blogger, check it out!

Pin It

10 comments:

Linda said...

Very nice! I love the blankie. Bet you that is super cuddly. I especially love that FMF print with the grey background and gold and white flowers.

gillybean said...

I was just reading your blog about using the basting spray and thought I would drop you a line. I have been using the spray for about 3 years now and have found that if you wash your quilt top and backing before you spray it holds much better, it doesn't like the sizing in the fabric.

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

Oh I love this 'grown up ' quilt!! This is a realy nice use of the FMF fabrics - you've given me some inspiration!!! Thank you for linking up to TGIFF!

What Comes Next? said...

oh it looks so pretty!

Patti said...

Looks so cozy! Love Flea Market Fancy!

Mary Ann Tate said...

Very nice idea:) Sounds very cozy.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

very nice quilt!!

elle said...

Sometimes simple is best!

Susan J Barker said...

Love the simplicity, I have a 1950's fabric in my stash that looks very similar to that yellow background floral -- I don't know where I can use it! I will check out the Denys Schmidt line of fabrics now that i see yours, I may find a way to work it in...

Regina said...

Very nice blankie! Did you tie it, before or after adding the backing?