Sunday, February 23, 2014

The Great Craft Room Renovation is Complete!


After a  week of cleaning and renovating my craft room I'm ready to post photos!!  (and my computer is acting very strangely when I use blogger and underlining everything and not uploading photos properly, so I'll apologize right now for that).  These are the before photos, all my storage was a mish mash of Home Depot cubicles and shelving.  What a mess!!






This was my paper crafting area- again, too much stuff and not enough closed storage to put it.  I was on the hunt for cabinets with shallow drawers and found this in the back hallway of our church.  After speaking with our Priest, it found it's way to may basement, where we put on 3 coats of Terra Rose paint (Martha Stewart) and voila!  Perfect storage for fabric scraps-each drawer has it's own color (of course).





This is the paper crafting area now!  We painted the walls Borrowed Light (Farrow and Ball) and then found a ton of storage with these Ikea Alex drawers.  I bought 6 of the units with castors and then just stacked them.

Here is a view of the custom cutting table, built by Marsha Sefcik Interiors.  Marsha is an interior decorator and a good friend who designed and installed most of this project.  We installed a smooth counter top for the paper craft area, and then they built a spot for my sewing machine on the left.  Undermount lighting and a backsplash finished off this corner.





Rick, from Ruff-Stuff Woodworking came to the rescue with a barn board shelf to put all my fabric on that is large enough to wrap on these comic book boards.  Looks like my shelf has extra room on it-better buy some more fabric and fill it up!!




Of course, I found lots of pretty storage options at Winners.  These are all my markers/pencil crayons stored in one spot now.

One more view of this awesome piece-I just love the color.

My custom sewing table, and on the side a metal cart from Ikea for all my thread, scissors, pins etc.

The Alex drawers filled with supplies-above are my jersey knits for scarves.

Pin ItAnd, some are filled with my rubber stamp collection.  Now, I'm inspired to get down there and make some crafts!!!

Pin It

8 comments:

Linda said...

OMG Jeanette! Just fabulous. You must be over the moon. Your coral drawers turned out amazing. What a perfect find. So organized and pretty. Sooo jealous! I know you will enjoy so much and be even more productive than you already are.

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

It looks awesome. I like the comic book boards...I might have to give them a try.

Adrienne said...

Holy Cow this is awesome! You had better not let me in there because that red cabinet from your church would be coming home with me somehow. And love your IKEA cart, I have the same one and I do not know what I would do without it. Love the comic board idea too, so clever. Just wonderful!

Wendy said...

it looks fantastic! I'm so jealous!

christina said...

oh my goodness...i am in awe of your space!!! this is amazing! i love that unit full of drawers that you painted and of course that old wooden shelf:) thank you so much for linking it up!

Jo said...

Oh so pretty!!!

Jennifer Scantlebury Vienneau said...

What a great studio space you have created! Oh my gosh, just a wonderfully inviting place to work. Lucky girl!!

Gabriele said...

oh my goodness... if I only see the stamps! What a wonderful creative room.... I think, I'd just turn the key and come back at the end of the year ;)

A very happy crafting!
Gabriele