Friday, May 17, 2013

Bloggers Spring Quilt Festival

Pin ItIts that time of year again!  Amy from Amy's Creative Side holds two quilt festivals a year.  There are quilts posted all weekend long on her site and I love to go and admire  all the beautiful quilts.

My Toadstool quilt is my entry this year.  It's made up of half-square triangles.  I hoarded that fabric for a long time, then a friend of mine became pregnant with her second child and I knew it was time to cut into it.  The baby is due to arrive any day, and I felt that these colors were gender neutral since they decided to keep the gender of the baby a surprise.  I used Kona Ash for the solid, love that color and how it makes the bright colors pop.  I didn't take a photo of the back, but it was grey flannel with little white polka dots.  Just did some straight line quilting 1/4 inch from the ditch, some red polka dot binding and voila!  Baby quilt delivered before the baby is! 

Hope everyone has a great weekend and enjoys visiting all the participating quilters in the Festival.

Pin It

10 comments:

Seams Sew Together said...

What a cute little quilt, love the colours

Karen said...

This quilt looks great with the HSTs. Great fabrics and colours. Lucky baby!

CitricSugar said...

Such a fun quilt! Thanks for sharing!

Caroline said...

Beautiful bright colors and I love the red binding:)

Dianne Neale said...

So bright and cheerful! Good luck

Dorinda said...

I love the HSTs. You inspire me! I want to try something like it soon. So pretty.

KellyS said...

What a cute quilt! Great job on your HSTs! I always have a hard time matching those!

DeborahGun said...

gorgeous :-)

Diane said...

Super Cute!

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Great quilt! I love it :)