Wednesday, June 4, 2014

A nautical blankie

I had an order for a nautical themed blanket.  I tried to find the aqua and red whales/sailboats that I had used before, but sadly, my local quilt shop were sold out.  But, I did find these cute whales and anchors and just took the blanket in a different color scheme.  I've read that navy and darker shades of blue are becoming more popular, and I have to say, I'm liking the darker shades after using aqua and teal for so long.









 Anyhow, a week ago, we brought home a new puppy named Ben and I took him for a walk around the neighborhood today-he did so well on his leash.  But that explains the lack of sewing projects around here!

Pin It

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

OMG that Ben is the cutest! and quilt is pretty nice too. I love the navy

Julia D @ Jada's Quilting Adventures said...

I wouldn't be able to get much sewing done with a new puppy either :) Love the blankie! Is the red print from the Dazzle collection? Love it! Love the whale print too.

Jenn @ A Quarter Inch from the Edge said...

I bought a FQ of those whales just last week. Too cute!

Jo Ferguson said...

The quilt is gorgeous and the colours are perfection. Ben is adorable. We have a 17 month old Great Pyrenees. I still remember that first few weeks. It's exhausting but over, far too fast, so enjoy every moment. The sewing can wait.