Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Gray and Coral patchwork

I made this custom quilt for a lady who painted her nursery in gray with a coral/gray chevron on one wall.  It looks really cool.  So, stuck with mainly gray patches but wanted to put a coral square in most of the rows.  I'm happy with this one, I think it's pretty cute-and I broke from my routine and used medium gray from Kona instead of my usual Ash. 





I opted for a narrow white border around the patchwork before the medium gray border-I think it needed that little bit of white in there to break up the grey.  Anyhow, this will be off to it's new owner soon-I hope her little girls enjoys it!  
Linking up to The Needle and Thread Network today and Finish it up Fridays at Crazy Mom Quilts.




Pin It

8 comments:

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

I am sure it will be loved. I agree, the little white border really frames the quilt...nice touch.

Pam @ Quilting Fun said...

Great quilt! The greys work so well with the coral. The white border was an inspired touch!

Jenn @ A Quarter Inch from the Edge said...

As always, love your colour and fabric selections!

Shauna said...

so cute, I think the small white border was a perfect addition, it really frames the patchwork

Gemini Jen NZ said...

Very nicely done, great fabric/colour choices, subtle but very effective with the pop of coral.

Julia D @ Jada's Quilting Adventures said...

Very pretty. I love your choice of fabrics!

Jo Ferguson said...

You definitely have a great eye for mixing colour and pattern. It's beautiful.

Dominique said...

I love this, Jeannette. Very soft and feminine without being too cutesy.