Friday, October 3, 2014

A Semi-Random pattern (a first for me!!)



Ok, so my quilts are usually very geometrically planned, or I follow a pattern etc.  I don't do much in random, or wonky-it's just now how my brain works.  So, I tried to go outside my usual and just started cutting up fabric and making hst blocks.  But, once I started laying out the top, I just wasn't feeling it-so if you look closely, you can see some pinwheels, flying geese, diamonds, etc.  Random, but not too random so that my brain is happy too!!


Super cute backing from Canadian designer Kate & Birdie Paper Co.


Look at that binding!!  It's from the Annali line- I purchased mine from Warp & Weft, but I think I got the last of the bold.  I wish I had more of it!!




And since it is Friday, I'll link up to Finish it up Fridays at Crazy Mom Quilts.  Have a great weekend all!!



Pin It

11 comments:

Jenn @ A Quarter Inch from the Edge said...

Love how this one turned out, Jeanette! The not quite randomness of it has me finding pinwheels and flying geese here and there. And those Konas... great palette! How many times have I said that in a comment for you? You have a great eye for colour!

Kat said...

Cute! I love your colors and that backing fabric is perfect!

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

It is a great quilt, love the colors.

G! said...

That is really great looking! Love how the hsts look, and LOVE your backing fabric.

Leigh Anne said...

This looks great!

Schulz Family said...

visiting from crazy mum quilts. Wow I love the quilt. What an awesome finish

Mareenchen said...

Oh, I love it. Wonderful colours and I think the random-not-too-random is a fanrastic approach. :)

Adrienne said...

Look at you going semi random! Love this finish. The colors are perfection.

Dominique said...

Semi-random is the first step. Next time, let yourself go! just kidding, Jeanette. I must admit I was skeptical, but the result is wonderful.

Lorna McMahon said...

Hello Jeanette! Dropping by from Blogathon Canada and I could not help noticing your beautiful finish here. Those HST's look wonderful in a random or not so random setting. You did an incredible job of arranging them to suit both styles! Lovely work!

Janet said...

I love the colours in your quilt. Congrats on an awesome finish!