Sunday, September 21, 2014

Sorbet Plus Quilt

These colors remind me of orange and strawberry sorbet.  Fitting, that it is the first day of Fall, and so our sorbet days are coming to an end!



And for the back, I used the Kona's in a horizontal gradient from lightest to darkest. 











 I made this  quilt because I fell in love with the coral Kona fabric, so I
picked up others colors that co-ordinated and made a plus quilt.  I'm very happy with the end result-also, this is one of the first times I straight line quilt and don't have any puckers at the cross sections!!  Not sure what I did differently, maybe because I pin basted and spray basted.

Pin It

6 comments:

Dominique said...

I love how the plus quilt lends itself to so many interpretations. Love the monochromatic look you chose for yours. Yum!

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

Looks great!! Love how you pieced the backing.

Nena Nauss said...

Looks gorgeous Jeanette.

Jo Ferguson said...

This is a great use of colour and design. It will make you feel "summery" all winter long.

Jenn @ A Quarter Inch from the Edge said...

I love Kona Coral and a plus quilt! Great finish, Jeanette! Don't you love it when

Tu-Na Quilts said...

I'm blog hopping thru Canada and stopped by to say hi. I've got a plus quilt or two I want to start soon. So nice to see yours looking so sunny and you're right it reminds me of sherbert too.