Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Sew Sisters Blogathon!

Pin ItSewSistersQuiltShop


For those of you visiting blogs from the Maritimes today, I'm Jeanette and have been blogging here for about 6 years.  It started off as a place to share my paper crafts, but then I returned to my first love of fabric around 4 years ago.  Now, I'm busy doing custom sewing orders and craft fairs and I love it!  The best one is coming up this weekend in Halifax at the St. Mary's Boat Club, you can check it out at ECMC.

Yesterday, I finished up some more craft fair sewing- these cute drawstring bags.





This year, I've made only a few quilts.  They now live in Cape Breton, and belong to a photographer, which means I get to see them in action on her family photo shoots!


 
 
This one, I made with my Mom as a Christmas gift to my nephew.
 
 
 
This really cute toadstool quilt was for a friend who had a spring baby.  She had a girl, but at the time I made it neutral for either a girl or a boy!
 

Almost forgot to show these cute patchwork zippered pouches I made yesterday too-



Have fun visiting all the Canadian Bloggers- I "met" a lot of new people when I was host last year and I love seeing everyone's beautiful quilting/sewing.  Thanks for visiting!





Pin It

18 comments:

Kate said...

Love those drawstring bags and matching journals is a fab idea! Gorgeous quilts.

Leanne Parsons said...

Those drawstring bags are beautiful! I would imagine you sell a lot of them.

Lesley said...

You have some wonderful projects here! Well done!

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

Beautiful bags and pouches!

Sew Sisters Quilt Shop said...

Thanks for doing a special post! :)
Carol

sherry said...

cutwe little draw string bags

Heather said...

visiting via the Blogathon. Love that quilt with all the squares, simple concept, but it sure does work. Thanks for sharing.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

lovely projects!

Linda said...

Your quilts are just wonderful. Love the bowties so much. Lucky me, I get to see all your wonderful projects in person on Saturday. Hope you will have some greeting cards too.

Sheila said...

Wonderful work , I am sure you will do well at the craft fair , good luck!

DebraKay Neiman said...

Especially like the quilt for your nephew. I am a new quilter from Oklahoma. Enjoying meeting our Canadian Neighbor Quilters. Thanks. crystalbluern at onlineok dot com

Dominique said...

Bonjour Jeanette , I just landed on your site via the Blogathon, but I have been here before, including recently when a mutual friend talked about you on Facebook. I will let you guess who that is. I love your bags, quilts and quilty things. You have a great eye for colour!

Conni said...

I have been to your blog in the past, but didn't realize you were a fellow Canadian!! I love your quilt with all of the squares each bigger than the last, do you have pattern name for that one??

Jo said...

Hello from BC. Those bags are really sweet. Lovely quilts too :)

What Comes Next? said...

great projects!

Margaret said...

I love those drawstring bags as well as your quilts.

Barb and Sharon said...

You have been busy! Love the off set squares quilt.
Barb@Witsend

Leigh Anne said...

Didn't know you had a blog too! Hope the show was a hit this weekend :)